Headquartered in NYC with fulfillment centers in New York, San Francisco and Chicago, Hopsy is a small start-up with a big mission. We’re building a community of beer enthusiasts who order fresh beer directly from local craft breweries while offering speedy, at-home delivery service. At Hopsy, we share a vision for a better future with great beer, the people who produce it and the customers who enjoy it.
We are looking for a talented, dedicated and experienced Truck Driver to operate our company Box Trucks to and from required drop locations. This role will consist of long hours sitting, navigating local streets, securing, and loading/unloading your vehicle.
As our Truck Driver, you will be responsible for securing your load, and driving to necessary drop points safely and efficiently. You will be required to assist with load and unload as necessary.
The trucking portion of the job is only part time (Approximately 3 routes a week, 20 hours total). If full-time work is desired and there is room on the team, an auxiliary position as an Operations Associate with separate pay rate and job responsibilities will count towards your total hours worked for the week.
- Driving safely to and from destinations
- Assisting in loading / unloading truck
- Securing loads
- Following all traffic laws and height restrictions
- Delivering product safely and on time
- Knowledge and confidence in safety operations of 26’ box trucks
- Personable with a positive attitude
- Possess great verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and comfort with pallet jacks, forklifts, liftgates, and tie down straps
- Ability to lift and move heavy loads unassisted
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment, while meeting established performance quotas and standards
- Ability to work flexible shifts and areas
- Able to lift 40+ lbs
- Ability to move heavy and delicate loads with and without a dolly
- Clean driving record a must
- Forklift certification a plus
- Prior warehouse or brewery experience a plus
- Passion and interest for beer a plus
Job Type: part-time, hourly
Compensation: Commensurate depending on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit delivery.hopsy.beer.