The Cold Storage Warrior is responsible for operating and maintaining the automated cold storage system. They will also maintain an organized warehouse, prep and load outgoing shipments, and unload product and material.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the continuous, proper operation of the cold storage by monitoring the software applications, and making adjustments and repairs when necessary.
- Primary point of communication between the warehouse, packaging, and maintenance in regards to cold storage down time and repair.
- Utilizes and operates material handling equipment such as forklifts and hand lifts to move, convey or hoist shipments from the shipping and receiving platform to the storage and work area.
- Responsible for loading and unloading merchandise onto trucks.
- Prepares items for shipment: compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments or end location.
- Ensures that the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment is practiced and upheld in accordance with good warehouse practices.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties, as needed.
What we’re lookin’ for:
- Experience in operating forklifts and hand lifts to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Experience in shipping and receiving is preferred.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- MS Office / Computer skills desired.
- Attentive and can easily learn and adapt to new equipment and processes.
- Ability to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Performs duties with an emphasis on organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must show valid proof of insurance, have a good driving record and maintain a current valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Physical requirement needed to lift 35 lb cases, 165 lb kegs and various point of sales boxes on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend repeatedly throughout shift.
- Must be able to tolerate outside summer/winter temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.